Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Serves 4
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium yellow squash
- 1 medium fennel bulb
- 1 small red onion
- 8 asparagus spears
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 30 green beans, trimmed
- 10 baby carrots, trimmed
- ½ cup pitted and halved kalamata olives
- 1 cup mixed baby lettuces
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese, plus ¼ lb block
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- ½ cup Sun-dried Tomato Vinaigrette
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Cut the eggplant, zucchini and squash diagonally into slices ½ inch thick.
- Trim the fennel and cut crosswise into slices ½ inch thick.
- Peel the onion and cut crosswise into slices ½ inch thick.
- Trim the asparagus.
- With ½ cup of the olive oil, coat all the vegetables.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Set the vegetables aside.
- Build a fire in a charcoal grill, or preheat a gas grill, for indirect-heat cooking.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and fill a mixing bowl with ice and water.
- Add the green beans to the boiling water and, as soon as it returns to the boil and the beans are bright green, use a wire skimmer or slotted spoon to transfer them to the ice water.
- Add the baby carrots and boil until tender-crisp, 2 to 3 minutes; transfer to the ice water.
- Drain the vegetables and set aside.
- When the fire is hot, place the vegetables on the cooking grid not directly above the heat.
- Cook, turning as necessary to prevent scorching, until are nicely browned and tender-crisp, 5 to 7 minutes total cooking time.
- As they are done, transfer the vegetables to a platter and leave to cool.
- Cut the grilled vegetables into ½-inch pieces.
- Cut the carrots and green beans on the bias into ¼-inch pieces.
- Put all the vegetables, olives, lettuces and crumbled feta in a large salad bowl.
- Add the remaining olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss well.
- Divide the ½ cup of vinaigrette among 4 large salad plates, spooning it around the edge.
- Mound the salad mixture evenly in the middle.
- Using a cheese plane or swivel-bladed vegetable peeler, shave the block of feta over each salad.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.