Baked Eggplants. Try them with a cheese garnish!
- Serves 4
- Sauté the onions in a frying pan.
- Clean, chop and mash the fresh tomatoes (use 2 cans of preserved chopped tomatoes instead).
- Mash the garlic cloves in a mortar.
- Mix the tomato mash with the garlic.
- Wash the eggplants.
- Slice them horizontally in slices of 1½ cm width.
- Butter a square pan and place the aubergine slices.
- Boil the tomato mash with the onions for a while.
- Then, pour the tomato mixture into the eggplant slices.
- Preheat the oven in 200°C and bake for 45 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.