Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Serves 6 to 8
- 2 pounds stewing beef
- 6 cups water
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 6 medium size potatoes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk or water
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- 1 teaspoon minced parsley
- Cook meat in salt water until it is tender.
- Remove meat from broth; add minced onion and parsley to broth.
- Bring to the boiling point and add alternate layers of cubed potatoes and squares of dough.
- To make dough, beat egg and add milk.
- Add flour to make a stiff dough.
- Roll out paper thin and cut into 1 inch squares.
- Keep broth boiling while adding dough squares in order to keep them from packing together.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes, adding more water if needed.
- Add meat and stir through pot pie.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.