Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: The New Family Cookbook For People With Diabetes
- Yield: 3½ dozen cookies (14 servings)
- 2 large egg whites
- ¼ tsp fresh lemon juice
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- pinch of salt
- ⅓ cup finely chopped pecans or almonds
- Preheat the oven to 250°F.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper or non-stick oven liner film.
- Put the egg whites and lemon juice in a chilled bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer to a soft foam.
- Slowly beat in the sugar, mixing well after each addition.
- Continue beating at medium-high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Add the vanilla and salt.
- Gently fold in the nuts.
- Drop the batter by heaping teaspoons onto the cookie sheets.
- Shape with the back of a spoon onto 1-inch circles.
- Bake until set and firm, about 1 hour.
- Turn off the oven but leave the cookies there until the oven is completely cool.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (3 Cookies):
- 46 Calories | 2g Fat | 0 mg Cholesterol | 18 mg Sodium | 7g Carbs | 0g Dietary Fiber | 6g Sugars | 1g Protein
- Diabetic Exchanges: ½ other carbohydrate
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.