Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 3 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 1 cup onion
- 8 oz skinless boneless chicken breast
- 14 oz canned tomatoes
- 1½ cup spicy red chili beans
- ½ cup red bell pepper
- ½ cup green bell pepper
- ½ cup yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup scallion
- ⅓ cup fresh cilantro
- ½ cup Wisconsin jalapeno jack cheese
- 2 x 6-inch flour tortilla
Directions[edit | edit source]
- In small, heavy gauge non-reactive saucepan, sweat onion in ¼ cup stock until onions are limp.
- Add chicken and remaining 1 ¾ cups stock, lower heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let chicken cool in stock.
- Remove from stock and cut into small dice; reserve.
- Strain broth; chill; defat; reserve.
- In large container with lid, mix strained poaching liquid, diced tomatoes with juice, beans, peppers, scallions and cilantro; mix well; cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.
- To serve: ladle approximately 1 cup soup into bowl and stir in 1 tablespoon jalapeno jack dices.
- Top with 2 tablespoons crisp tortilla strips.
- Serve immediately.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.