Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: McCall's, January 1990
- Makes 6 Servings
- 2 tbsp salad oil
- 1 lbs frankfurters, quartered - lengthwise
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 1 can whole tomatoes (1 pound)
- 1 can pinto beans (15 ounces)
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- ⅔ cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese with jalapeno (if available)
- cilantro (fresh coriander) leaves
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add frankfurters; saute until browned.
- With slotted spoon, remove from pan; place on one side of serving platter.
- Keep warm.
- To drippings in skillet, add onion and garlic; saute 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and their liquid, beans and their liquid, rice, chili powder, salsa and water.
- Bring to boiling; simmer, covered, 15 minutes, or until rice is cooked.
- Spoon rice mixture next to frankfurters on platter.
- Sprinkle cheese over rice.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.