- Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2sam and Tiny at World Recipes Y-Group
- Makes 12
- 1 x 18.6-ounce box Mexican chocolate , chopped
- ½ cup whole milk
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup white rum
- 4 cups chilled heavy whipping cream, divided
- cinnamon-almond cookies
- Stir chocolate, milk, and salt in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat until chocolate melts.
- Stir constantly until all sugar in chocolate is dissolved, about 13 minutes.
- Add rum to chocolate; using long match, immediately ignite rum.
- Carefully stir chocolate mixture with long spoon until flames subside.
- Transfer chocolate to large bowl.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Using electric mixer, beat 3 cups cream in large bowl until peaks form.
- Working in 2 batches, fold whipped cream into chocolate mixture.
- Divide chocolate mousse among 12 glasses, about ¾ cup for each.
- Chill mousse until set, at least 3 hours (can be made 1 day ahead).
- Cover and chill.
- Beat remaining 1 cup cream until peaks form.
- Place dollop of whipped cream atop mousse in each glass.
- Serve mousse with cinnamon-almond cookies.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.