- 1 quart milk
- 7 ounces Mexican chocolate
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- chili powder (optional)
- Cut the chocolate into small pieces.
- In a saucepan, bring the milk to a boil and then add the chocolate.
- After the chocolate is incorporated, add the cinnamon, vanilla, chili powder and salt.
- Simmer for 10 minutes and then whisk briskly to a foam right before serving.
- Divide evenly into 4 cups and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.