Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- ⅔ cup unsifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup dairy sour cream
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup Crisco oil
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (about 8 ounces), divided
- 1 can (8¾ ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Oil 8-inch square baking pan. Set aside.
- Mix cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt in small mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Blend sour cream, eggs and Crisco oil in medium mixing bowl.
- Add cornmeal mixture, 1½ cups cheddar cheese, corn and chilies. Mix well.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 to 35 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cut into squares and serve warm.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.