Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 pkg. Mexican cornbread mix
- 1 can chopped green chiles
- 1 16 oz. bottle Green Goddess or ranch dressing
- 2 (16 oz.) cans pinto beans, drained, I use the beans with jalepenos
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 (15¼ oz.) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (3 oz.) can real bacon bits
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
Directions[edit | edit source]
- Prepare corn bread mix according to package directions, adding green chiles.
- Cool after baked.
- Crumble one-half cornbread into large bowl.
- (use glass trifle bowl, small punch bowl, or 5 quart ice cream bucket).
- Layer the remaining ingredients in the following order: 1 can beans, 1 cup salad dressing, ½ chopped green bell pepper, 1 can corn, 1 chopped tomato, ½ can bacon bits, ½ pkg.
- Shredded cheddar cheese, ½ sliced green onions.
- Repeat layers in same order using remaining ingredients, beginning with crumbled cornbread.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.