- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 pounds potatoes, scrubbed and diced
- 1 medium Onion, diced
- 1 poblano chile, seeded and sliced thin
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped salt, to taste
- Heat oil in a large heavy skillet. Add potatoes, stir to coat with oil, then pat into a flat layer.
- Cook over medium heat until they begin to sizzle and turn golden around the edges, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the Onion and chile and pat into a flat layer again.
- Cook over medium heat until the potatoes are browned on the bottom, about 5 minutes.
- With a spatula, turn the potatoes over to brown the other side.
- If using tomatoes, stir them in and pat into a layer again. Sprinkle with salt to taste, raise the heat to medium-high, and cook until the potatoes are nicely browned on the bottom again, about 5 minutes.
- If using Cheese, sprinkle over the top and cook 2 minutes more, or until the Cheese softens. Serve immediately.
Contributed by: Edit
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.