Makes 24 servings.
- 3 cups cooked rice (cooked in beef broth)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey jack cheese, divided
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 pound hot or mild bulk pork sausage
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 x 4-ounce can chopped green chilis, undrained
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup sliced ripe olives
- Combine rice, 1 cup cheese and eggs in medium bowl. Press firmly into 2 greased 9-inch pie pans, spreading evenly. Bake at 450 °F for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook sausage and onion in large skillet until meat is brown, stirring to crumble. Drain sausage and onion on paper towels, spoon over prepared crust. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup Cheese and with chiles.
- Return pizza to oven for 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle chopped tomato over top. Cut in 12 wedges each to serve.
- Top each wedge with a dollop of sour cream and sprinkle with before serving.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.