Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 6 lb beef roast, should be a arm, blade, or cross-rib roast
- 8 cloves garlic
- 4 slices bacon, cut in half
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ cup prepared mustard
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup carrot; chopped
- ½ cup celery; chopped
- ½ cup mushrooms; sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro; snipped
- 1 tsp nutmeg; ground
- 1 tsp thyme; ground
- 2 jalapeno chiles; seeded and finely chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ cup onion; chopped, 1 medium
- 12 oz beer; 1 bottle
- Make a 1½-inch deep cut across the beef roast.
- Wrap each clove of garlic in 1 piece of bacon and insert in the cut.
- Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper and spread the prepared mustard on.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Cook beef in oil in a 4-quart dutch oven over medium heat until brown.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Heat to boiling and then reduce the heat.
- Cover and simmer until beef is tender, about 2½ hours.
- Remove beef to warm platter.
- Remove bay leaves from the broth.
- Skim fat from the broth.
- Place 2 cups of the broth and vegetables in a blender container; cover and process on medium speed until smooth.
- Serve with the beef.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.