- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Freezing: not recommended
- 8 oz mixed salad leaves (e.g. oak leaf, radicchio, little gem, etc.), rinsed and drained
- 6 inch (15 cm) piece of cucumber, chopped
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, de-seeded and sliced
- 3 oz canned red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 2 oz raisins
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 5 fl oz natural fromage frais (up to 8% fat)
- 1 tsp tomato purée
- 1 tsp coarse grain mustard
- 4 oz half-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Arrange the salad leaves on four serving plates and top with the cucumber, carrot, tomatoes, green pepper, red kidney beans and raisins.
- Sprinkle with the lime juice.
- Blend the fromage frais with the tomato purée and mustard.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper and spoon over the salads.
- Divide the grated cheese between each plate and serve immediately.
Nutritional information Edit
Selections per serving: ½ fruit; 1½ protein; 1½ vegetable; 25 optional calories
- calories per serving: 220
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.