- 1 envelope of yeast
- ¼ cup warm water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp of grease or butter
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups of warm milk
- 6 cups of flour
- In a bowl dissolve in warm water the yeast along with 1 teaspoon of sugar, wait 5 minutes and add salt, grease or butter, the 2 tablespoons of sugar and the warm milk, add 3 cups of flour mixing well, add the rest of the flour.
- Put on a table or board liberally floured, knead until it is smooth and elasticized, grease a large bowl and make a ball out of the dough, place it in the bowl cover it with a damp cloth let rise until it has doubled in size.
- After 2½ – 3 hours knead and once again make a ball let sit 30 minutes or until double in size once more, divide and shape into ovals or one that you like, place in greased molds.
- Bake 35 – 40 minutes at 350°F.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.