Contributed by Paula in California via Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1½ cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- ⅔ cup half and half
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1½ cup pecan halves
- Combine sugar, half and half and salt in a deep 3 quart casserole; mix well.
- Stir in butter.
- Microwave on high for 7 to 9½ minutes or until mixture reaches soft ball stage (235°F), stirring once.
- Stir in pecans; cool about 1 minute.
- Beat by hand until mixture is creamy and begins to thicken, about 3 minutes.
- Drop by tablespoon on wax paper.
- Let stand until firm.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.