This recipe came from an estate sale in Morgan City, La.
- 1 tbls olive oil
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 1/2 tsp Tony's creole seasoning
- 1/2 cup roux
- 1 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 can stewed tomatoes
- 1 small can tomato sauce
- 1 yellow onion finely chopped
- 2 bundles green onions chopped
- 1 cup finely-chopped celery
- 1 large bell pepper finely chopped
- 4 sprigs parsley chopped
- ½ teaspoon celery seeds
- 3/4 tsp minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds peeled raw shrimp or crawfish
- Combine all vegetables with celery seeds and butter in pot, then simmer until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add roux, soup and tomatoes and simmer for 30 - 40 min, stirring frequently
- Add shrimp or crawfish and simmer for20 - 30 min more
- Serve over rice or pasta
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.