Adapted from Easy Microwave Preserving.
- Cook Time: Approximately 15 minutes
- Serves: 16
- Makes about 1 pint.
- Puree strawberries using a food processor.
- Pour pureed strawberries into a 4-quart microwave-safe bowl.
- Add sugar and lemon juice, use up to 2 cups sugar, depending on tartness of berries.
- Stir gently but thoroughly.
- Microwave at 100% (high) until a full boil is reached.
- This should take about 7 minutes.
- Stir, if needed, to keep mixture from boiling over.
- Reduce microwave power to 50% (medium) for 5 minutes.
- Stir once about half way through cooking time.
- Cool and then strain using cheesecloth or a jelly bag, if desired, for a clear syrup.
- Other berries such as blueberries may used instead of strawberries.