- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 pita breads (5 to 6 inches)
- 6 cups bite-size vegetables for serving (such as blanched broccoli and cauliflower florets,
- carrot and celery sticks, cucumber slices and radishes)
- 2 (15-oz.) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium cloves garlic, peeled
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- Meanwhile, in food processor, process garlic until minced.
- Add chickpeas, ½ cup water, lemon juice, tahini, paprika and salt. Process until smooth, scraping down bowl as necessary.
- Transfer hummus to medium bowl.
- Lightly brush oil over both sides of each pita. Cut each pita into 8 wedges and place on baking sheet.
- Bake until golden and toasted, about 10 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, then serve with hummus and cut-up vegetables.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.