Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Yield: 4 servings (about 3½ ounces tuna)
- From: The Diabetes Food and Nutrition Bible
- 2 (7 oz) cans water-packed tuna, drained
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- ½ cup cooked canned chickpeas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground red pepper
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- In a large salad bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Cover and chill for ½ hour.
Nutritional information Edit
Nutrition per Serving (3½ ounces tuna):
- 213 calories | 5g fat | 25mg cholesterol | 344mg sodium | 15g carbs | 4g dietary fiber | 7g sugars | 26g protein
- Diabetic Exchanges: ½ starch | 2 vegetable | 3 very lean meat | ½ fat
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.