Mie Goreng is a staple Indonesian dish that is made from delicious and chewy egg noodles stir-fried along with an assortment of delectable ingredients. Being a popular dish that is loved by many Mie Gorengwill certainly bring delight to your taste buds.
For the Sauce
· 1tbsp sweet soy sauce
· 1 Tbsp oyster sauce
· ½ tbsp sesame oil
· 1 tbsp chilli and garlic paste
For the noodles
· 5 garlic cloves - finely chopped
· Shallots - Chopped
· Thai Chilies (only add if you want it spicy)
· Shrimp 200 grams or the same amount of protein of your choice
· 100 grams of cabbage
· 100 grams of julienned carrots
· 200 grams of greens (kale or Broccoli) cut into ribbons
· 2 eggs
· 500 grams of cooked egg noodles
· Chopped green onions
· 2 tomatoes cut into wedges
· Fried shallots
Add in all the ingredients for the sauce and stir to mix
1. Heat a little bit of oil in a wok over medium heat. Add in the shrimp or your desired protein option. When fully cooked, remove from the wok and leave it aside to rest.
2. Next, without cleaning the wok, add in a little bit of extra oil and having the heat to medium-low, add garlic, chillies and shallots and sauté until the shallots become translucent.
3. Then, turning the heat to medium-high, add all the vegetables except the tomatoes. Add a splash if the prepared sauce and toss the veggies for one to two minutes until they are wilted.
4. Moving all the veggies to one side of the pan, add in some more oil at the empty space and add the eggs. When the egg white sets, put the vegetables over the eggs and when it sets after 15 seconds toss everything together.
5. Turn up the heat to high and add in the noodles, shrimp/proteins and the remaining sauce. Keep tossing until the noodles and the ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
6. As the final step, Turn off the heat and toss in the tomatoes along with a handful of shallots and toss everything briefly until the tomato warms up a little and serve hot.