Sweet-corn soup is served on game lodges in the Tuli Block in the south of Botswana. It is something different to spoil your guests with.
- 1 medium onion
- 25 g butter
- 15 ml corn flour
- 450 ml warm milk
- 450 ml chicken broth
- 1 tin cream-style sweetcorn
- celery salt
- 60 ml cream
- Chop onion fine and fry for 5 minutes in butter.
- Add flour en cook for a minute or two over low heat.
- Stir frequently.
- Remove pot from stove and add warm milk while stirring the mixture.
- Put pot back on stove and add all other ingredients except the cream.
- Stir regularly until it starts boiling.
- Lower the heat and add the cream.
- Mix and heat well.
- Optional: mix 10 ml brandy and 2 ml sugar and add to the soup just before serving.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.