- Can be prepared in advance.
- Can be doubled.
- 2 tsp oil
- ½ cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ tsp ground cumin or more to taste
- 2 medium red potatoes peeled and chopped
- ½ cup roasted chile peppers diced
- 3 cups vegetarian bouillon
- 2 cups cooked yellow hominy rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro garnish
- For the broth, try 3 cups water with 2 tsp vegetable base and 1 tsp commercial mole.
- Heat oil in a medium-size pot, and saute onion and garlic for 3 minutes.
- Add cumin, stir well, then add potatoes and green chiles.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, another 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth and hominy.
- Simmer the soup, covered, over low heat for 45 minutes.
- Just before serving, stir in the fresh cilantro to warm it.
- Serve hot with a chile and cheese quick, yeast, or corn bread.
- Add salt and pepper after tasting.
Festive cornbread Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.