Here is a pleasant dessert for those with a "sweet tooth" who cannot drink milk.
- Milk-Free Vanilla Pudding from Recipes for Better Nutrition During Cancer Treatment by the National Cancer Institute, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 4
- Measure sugar and cornstarch into saucepan.
- Add a little of the soy formula.
- Stir to dissolve cornstarch, then pour in the rest of the liquid.
- Add beaten egg.
- Cook over medium heat until it comes to a boil and is thickened.
- Add vanilla and cool.
- Maple Pudding: Omit vanilla and add ½ tsp maple flavoring.
- Maple-Nut Pudding: Add ¼ to ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans to cooled pudding (not permitted on soft diet).
- Coconut Pudding: Add ¼ cup coconut. Read the ingredient listing on coconut to be sure it has no lactose added (not permitted on soft diet).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.