- 3 l / 100 fl. oz milk
- 800 g / 28 oz caster sugar
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda (baking powder)
- Place all the ingredients in a large saucepan and bring to simmering point stirring.
- Continue to simmer the mixture for 2½ - 3 hours, stirring often so that it doesn’t stick to the pan, until a thick brownish paste is obtained.
- Serve with biscuits or toast.
- Can be used as a filling for alfajores (double layered biscuits) and cakes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.