Description[edit | edit source]
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 400g flour,
- 9 eggs,
- 3/2 milk,
- 3/2 cupful Sugar,
- 1/2 cupful semolina,
- 1 spoonful sunflower oil,
- 1 spoonful vinegar,
- 1 cupful water,
- 180g butter
Directions[edit | edit source]
- Prepare a medium-hard dough from the flour, 1 egg. oil, vinegar and water and roll into sheets (500g of ready pastry sheets may also be used).
- Place the sheets in a tray, basting each with melted butter.
- Bring the milk to the boil, add the Sugar, remaining butter and semolina under constant stirring, followed by the beaten eggs when cooled.
- Mix well and pour over the pastry sheets.
- Bake in a moderate oven.
- Serve into pieces and sprinkle with icing sugar.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.