- 1 cup shortening
- 1½ cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1⅓ cups mincemeat filling
- Cream shortening.
- Add sugar, and blend well.
- Add eggs, and beat until smooth.
- Add mixed dry ingredients and then stir in mincemeat.
- Blend well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet, at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 400°F for 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- You can use margarine instead of shortening and add chopped nuts if desired, and you can also mix the sugars, using brown and white sugar.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.