- 4 servings
- 120 g [4 oz] "tajadele" (tagliatelle)
- 100 g [3 1/2 oz] rice
- 40 g [1 1/2 oz] butter
- 40 g [1 1/2 oz] grated grana (Parmesan cheese)
- 1 l [1 3/4 pt] Duck stock
- 1 Onion
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 pinch freshly ground pepper
- This is a traditional dish, although no longer frequently prepared.
- Soften the Onion and the celery, finely chopped, in 20 g [3/4 oz] butter for 4–5 minutes.
- Add the rice and allow the flavours to blend, stirring continuously, for 1 minute.
- Add a small amount of the stock, hot, to the rice and cook, adding more hot stock as the liquid evaporates.
- When the rice is almost done, add the remaining stock, boiling hot, the "tajadele", combine well, and, after a few minutes, remove from the heat.
- Add the remaining butter, the Cheese and pepper the soup.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.