Makes 2 dozen cakes and 1 cup sauce.
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning, divided
- 1 pound crabmeat, shredded
- 3 cups cooked medium-grain rice
- ¾ cup roasted garlic mayonnaise
- ¼ cup roasted red peppers, pureed
- 2 to 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- Combine eggs and 1 tablespoon seafood seasoning in medium bowl; whisk until blended.
- Stir in crabmeat and rice.
- Form 2 tablespoons mixture into 2½-inch patty; repeat with remaining mixture.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add crab cakes in batches; cook about 2½ to 3 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Add more oil to skillet as necessary.
- Drain well on paper towels.
- Serve hot or at room temperature with roasted red pepper mayonnaise.
- Roasted red pepper mayonnaise: combine mayonnaise, roasted red peppers and remaining 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning; mix well.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.