- garlic oil or flavored to taste
- fish sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ can of bamboo shoots
- 1 large-sized stalk of green onion, diced
- ¼ cup of chicken or shrimp (cut into marble-sized pieces)
- fresh mint, about 3 leaves
- crushed red chile peppers (optional)
- white rice
- deep sauté pan or wok
- Pre-cook rice.
- Heat oil and sauté onions over med flame until soft.
- Add a dash of fish sauce.
- Keep the ingredients moving - stir fry! :) so the onions don't burn.
- Mix in the sugar.
- Turn up the heat and add chicken or shrimp and cook until almost done, stir frying all the time.
- Toss in the bamboos shoots ans some chile, if you dare, and finally the mint leaves so that they don't cook longer than 30 seconds.
- Serve over rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.