- Ethnicity - Assamee, East Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- 3 cups uncooked shrimps, shelled and de-veined
- 1 onion, cut into small pieces
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 12 peppercorns
- 1 tbsp mustard oil
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- Rub salt and turmeric powder on the shelled shrimps. Keep aside.
- In half cup of water in a medium-size pan add the coriander, and peppercorns, and bring the water to the boil.
- Add the shrimps and cook for exactly 2 minutes. Drain the water and add the oil.
- Turn the shrimps into a shallow flame-proof dish or a greased banana leaf.
- Spread the shrimps over the surface, grill or roast upon open charcoal fire in wrapped banana leaves.
- Before serving pour the lemon juice on top of the shrimps.
- Serve hot with boiled rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.