For 4 servings.
- ½ package soybean curd, soaked in agenerous amount of water and cut into small cubes
- 20 g wakame seaweed (Latin name: undaria pinnatifida), cut into bite-size
- 4½ cups dashijiru
- 3 tbsp miso
- ½ welsh onion, sliced
- ½ package fried bean curd, parboiled and draind in a strainer and cut into 2 cm sections
- 8 taros
- Put konbu and katsuo-bushi into water.
- Wipe konbu with a moist cloth.
- Pour 5 cups of water, 10 cm konbu, 12 g kezuri-bushi into the pan.
- Cook over medium heat.
- After the water has boiled, simmer over low heat for 2 – 3 minutes then filter it through a cloth.
- Don't cook over high heat.
- Don't stir it.
- Boil Dashijiru. Add taros. Add Miso and dissolve completely. Be careful not to overcook otherwise the Miso flavor will weaken.
- Boil simmer gently about 3 minutes, then add Wakame seaweed, fried bean curd and soybean curd.
- Boil for a while and turn off the heat and add chopped Welsh onions, then serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.