Miso Soup with Tofu and Green Onions from the Public Health Cookbook, Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, government resource in the public domain
- Cook Time: Approximately 30 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 5 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger root
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons light-colored miso paste (found in the ethnic food section of the grocery store or Asian food market)
- 6 ounces firm tofu, drained and cut into ½-inch cubes
- Bring broth to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the green onions, ginger, and garlic.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the miso paste and stir until dissolved.
- Add the tofu, cover and simmer for 10 minutes before serving.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.