- 1 pound (450 g, approximately) water-packed medium-firm tofu (NOT silken)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup pure water
- 2 heaping tbsp yellow, nutritional yeast flakes (NOT brewer's yeast)
- 2 heaping tablespoons yellow miso
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp turmeric (for a yellow colour)
- 1 tsp sage
- ¼ tsp each dried basil and oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 onion, diced
- ½ green pepper, diced
- ½ red, yellow or orange pepper, diced
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 1 or 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- In a large bowl, mix the tofu with all the ingredients but the vegetables. Combine it thoroughly, until the tofu takes on a crumbled, scrambled-egg type consistency. Allow this to marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour (overnight is best).
- Once the tofu is finished marinating, heat a tablespoonful or less of extra virgin olive oil in a heavy bottomed skillet and sauté the veggies (except the tomato) until tender. Add the marinated tofu and cook over medium heat until all of the water is boiled off. Stir in the diced tomato.
- Serve with or over toast, English muffins or crumpets, or rolled up in tortillas, or any way you might have scrambled eggs, and enjoy!
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.