Fruit & Vegetable Recipes II by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Peel, core, and slice peaches in a big pan.
- Weigh the cut peaches.
- Sprinkle with fruit fresh.
- Add ¾ pound sugar to each pound of cut peaches.
- Let the sugared peaches sit overnight.
- The next day, cook the peaches slowly and stir often until the preserves reach the desired consistency.
- Fill clean, sterilized jars with the peach preserves.
- Wipe the top edge of each jar before applying clean, sterilized seals and lids.
- Let stand until cool before storing.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.