Makes 6 servings
- 1 pound fish fillets (Flounder or other white fish)
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 3/4 cup chopped Onion
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons dehydrated parsley flakes
- 1 cup crumbled corn bread (or soft bread crumbs)
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Simmer fish in seasoned water to cover for 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily. Drain, cool, and flake.
- Melt butter in chicken broth. Combine rice, Onion, celery, green pepper, parsley flakes, corn bread crumbs, eggs, salt, poultry seasoning and black pepper; mix well.
- Turn into lightly buttered casserole. Cover and bake at 350 degrees 30 minutes. Remove cover and bake 15 minutes more. Serve with tartar sauce.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.