Serves 1-2; kJ per portion 1200; preparation time 15 minutes; cooking time 10 minutes.
- 1 Herring, soaked in cold water to extract salt and drained
- 1 sweetbread, boiled and cut into 12 pieces
- 1 egg, beaten
- breadcrumbs seasoned with salt and pepper
- 12 oyster shells
- Mince the Herring finely and divide into 12 portions. Place each portion in an oyster shell.
- Dip each piece of sweetbread in the beaten egg and then coat with breadcrumbs.
- Place one on top of each portion of Herring in the oyster shells.
- Sprinkle more seasoned breadcrumbs over the filling in each shell and dab with butter.
- Bake in the over at 180 °C (350 °F) until the butter sizzles and the breadcrumbs are brown.
- Serve at once.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.