- 2 c. Black-Eyed Peas
- 1/2 can corned Beef
- 1 Onion
- 2 fresh tomatoes
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 3x4 aluminum foil bag
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- Soak peas in 3 cups of water for 1 hour.
- Wash off the black eye and membrane covering.
- Blend fine in blender with onions and tomatoes.
- Add salt, if desired. Mix with vegetable oil in bowl.
- Mixture should be fairly consistency.
- Add the corned Beef in bits.
- Mixture should be put in aluminum foil bag and sealed.
- Place in large pot with 2 cups of boiling water.
- Allow to cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Add water to pot, if needed.
- the Moi-Moi comes out solid when it cools.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.