A savory bean pudding, prepared with black-eyed peas.
- 2 cups dried cowpeas (black-eyed peas)
- 1 tablespoon dried Shrimp powder
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- salt and black pepper to taste
- chile pepper, chopped, to taste
- cayenne pepper or red pepper, to taste
- oil to grease muffin tin
- Cover the cowpeas with boiling water and soak them for at least an hour or overnight. Drain them in a colander.
- Crush, grind, or mash the black-eyed peas into a thick paste. Slowly add enough water to form a smooth, thick paste.
- In a separate container combine all other ingredients and crush and stir them together until they are thoroughly mixed.
- Add the other ingredients to the Black-eyed pea paste and stir to make a smooth mixture.
- Grease the muffin pans.
- Scoop the Moyin-Moyin mixture into your pans, allowing some room for it to rise while cooking. #Place the pans in a baking dish partially filled with water.
- Bake in a medium-hot oven for about 30 minutes.
- Check for doneness with a toothpick or sharp knife, as you would for a cake.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.