This recipe comes from Montréal, Québec
- Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 6 oz self rising flour
- 5 oz brown sugar
- 4 oz margarine, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp marmalade, or other preserve
- ½ cup fruit juice (really good from stewed fruit)
- large handful of dried fruit
- Beat first 4 ingredients together with mixer until well blended.
- Add marmalade and fruit juice and beat till batter is thick.
- Stir in fruit.
- Bake in 2 lb loaf tin at 300°F for 1 hour.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.