- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar, plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 egg
- 1 cup plain low fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups uncooked rhubarb, coarsely chopped
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the egg and Sugar then add the yogurt, applesauce, and vanilla.
- Stir into the flour mixture until blended, then add the chopped rhubarb and mix well.
- Turn into a 9-inch square pan that is greased or sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Sprinkle top with remaining Sugar.
- Bake at 350 for 30–35 minutes until the cake tests done in the center.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.