This green, herb-flavored sauce is good on almost anything.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Makes about 1½ cups.
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar or wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed and peeled
- ½ cup lightly packed fresh cilantro leaves, washed and dried
- ½ cup lightly packed fresh parsley leaves, washed and dried
- 2 cups diced green bell peppers (1½ medium pepper)
- 2 tsp sliced almonds, toasted
- 3 slices French bread, ½-inch thick, lightly toasted and cubed
- 1 fresh green serrano or jalapeno pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- ½ tsp salt, or to taste
- Put vinegar, oil, garlic, cilantro and parsley in a blender.
- Add bell pepper and almonds; pulse until completely pureed.
- Add bread, serrano or jalapeno and salt; pulse until smooth.
- If the sauce seems thick, thin with a little water.
- Note: the mojo will keep covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. If it separates a little, just drain off excess liquid.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 25 | Fat 1g | Carbs 3g | Sodium 65 Mg | Fiber 0g
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.