Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny at World Recipes Y-Group
- ¾ cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup molasses
- 2¼ cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cloves
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- Mix first four ingredients well.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Chill dough.
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Roll dough into balls the size of walnuts.
- Dip the tops in sugar.
- Place three inches apart on greased cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle each cookie with 2 or 3 drops of water for a cracked surface.
- Bake 10 – 12 minutes (just until set, but not hard).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.