A very nice type of Pudding, prepared in canadian style. Requires basic cooking skills and when ready the result will "speak" for itself !
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt ( omit if salt Pork is used)
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- ½ cup butter or 1 cup suet (cut fine)
- or ½ salt Pork ( cut fine)
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 cup milk or water
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup currants (optional)
- 1/3 cup peel (optional)
- Sift flour, soda, salt, and spice.
- Add molasses and milk ( or water).
- Add fruit coated with flour and butter.
- Mix well. Steam for 2 ½ hours boiling constantly.
- Serve with a sauce.
See Also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.