This recipe taken from www.Portuguese-recipes.com
- Sandwich steaks or cubed Steak ( enough to serve)
- Liver, optional but adds to the dish
- 3 large onions
- 1 lb of small potatoes or cut up large ones
- 1 lb. of carrots cut up in large pieces
- 1 can of stewed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon of soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 Tsp. of garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. of allspice
- Portuguese allspice
- This dish is done in layers.
- You can layer it by putting the same ingredients in layers or by dividing the ingredients and making several thin layers of each component.
- Put the potatoes and carrots in a large pan and cover with water.
- Start to cook these.
- Brown steaks and liver in a separate pan.
- When they are brown, place over potatoes and carrots.
- In the pan you used for the steaks brown the Onion and place atop of the meats. Add the tomatoes over the Onion.
- Add a teaspoon of salt, 1/4 tsp. of pepper and a 1/4 of a teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Cover and simmer until the potatoes and carrots are done, about 11/2 to 2 hours.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.