- 4 cups cooked (about 2 cups dry) navy or other white beans
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1/3-1/2 cup molasses (depending on your tastes)
- 1/3 cup natural ketchup
- 1/4 cup prepared yellow mustard
- 1/4-1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- cooking liquid from the beans
- When your beans are tender, drain and reserve the cooking liquid.
- Preheat the oven to 275 F. In a casserole dish or loaf pan, combine all ingredients but the beans and their cooking liquid until well-mixed. Add the beans and enough of the cooking liquid to cover them by about an inch. Cover the dish with a tight-fitting lid or foil, and bake in the oven for 6–8 hours, stirring occasionally and adding more liquid as needed, until the beans are aromatic and very soft
Other Links Edit
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.