- 4 cans vegetarian baked beans
- 1 large vidalia Onion
- 1 pound Turkey Bacon
- 4 tsps dried minced garlic
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup mustard
- 1/4 cup Apple cidar vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 3 tbsp fresh ground pepper
- 3 tsp salt (to taste)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Saute the Bacon until very crispy in the olive oil. Remove to drain, but leave oil in pan.
- Chop the Onion and saute in the olive oil until dark brown.
- Crumble Bacon.
- In large sauce pan, put all ingredients except the beans and simmer on low until the Cheese melts completely.
- Rinse the beans throughly and drain.
- Pour into casserole dish.
- Pour sauce over beans and fold in until beans are completely mixed in.
- Bake covered on 350 for 30 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake for 20 more minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.