This is great when you're not feeling good.
- Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2sam and Tiny at World Recipes Y-Group
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) stewed tomatoes undrained
- 1 can (10.75 ounces) cream of celery soup
- 1 can (10.75 ounces) tomato purée
- 1 soup can of whole or skim milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 slices of mild cheddar cheese, or ⅓ cup pre-shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 slices of whole-wheat or white bread
- Place the stewed tomatoes with their liquid and the celery soup, tomato puree and milk in a 2 quart saucepan and heat over medium heat, stirring just to combine.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and let the soup simmer, uncovered, until the flavors blend, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the grilled cheese cubes.
- Place half of the butter in a small nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Place the cheddar cheese between the bread slices and , if necessary, trim cheese slices to fit the bread.
- Place the sandwich in the skillet and dot the top with the remaining butter.
- Cook the sandwich until the bottom is golden, 1 to 2 minutes, then flip it with a spatula.
- Cook the second side until the cheese is melted and the bread is crusty and golden brown 1 to 2 minutes longer.
- Remove the sandwich from the skillet with a spatula and use a sharp knife to cut it into 30 small crouton-like pieces.
- To serve, ladle the soup into serving bowls, and scatter 5 grilled cheese cubes on top of each serving.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.