I perfected this recipe in the early 1980's when I was a newlywed. My husband and I both like spice, so I added some peppers and onions.
- 2 cups corn bread mix
- ½ cup warm milk
- 1 small can whole kernel corn
- 1 small can creamed style corn
- 2 pickled jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- Mix all ingredients together and mix with a fork until mixed but not mushy.
- Dough will be stiff. Drop in hot oil in spoonfuls and cook for about 2 minutes.