- 1½ cups butter softened
- 1 pk confectioner's sugar flour
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup bourbon (or rum)
- 4 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 lb golden raisins
- 1 lb glace cherries
- 1 lb glace pineapple
- ⅓ lb glace citron (or more - up to a pound)
- ¼ lb candied orange peel
- ¼ lb candied lemon peel
- 1 qt pecan halves
- 14 oz coconut, flaked
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Line the bottom and sides of a large tube pan and a small loaf pan with foil; grease the pans.
- Chop coarsely the raisins, cherries, pineapple, citron, orange peel, lemon peel and pecan halves.
- In large bowl soften the 3 sticks of butter.
- Cream in a box of confectioner's sugar then fill box to the same level with flour.
- Pour half of the flour over the fruit and nuts; mix thoroughly so all are well-floured.
- Add six eggs to butter / sugar one at a time while beating.
- Add vanilla extract and fold in flour.
- Stir in fruits and nuts; fold in liquor.
- Pour into cake pans and bake approximately 2 hours.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.